  _____

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John J. Riddell
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 4:57 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Tubes...?

I wonder why the seller claims to have Phillips tubes when the picture
clearly shows Rogers tubes ?
Rogers made tubes in Toronto for over 50 years. Ted Rogers Sr invented the
"batteryless radio"
when he developed tubes that would work with an AC filament.
His Ham call was  9RB and his radio station later became CFRB...on the air
to-day ...still...1010 Khz
The "RB" part stands for "Rogers Batteryless"

For the full story see the "Hammond Museum of radio" web site.
www.hammondmuseumofradio.org

73 John VE3AMZ