  From: John Barrett
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:39 AM
  Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Re: duplexer isolation and
reciever noise bud

  I’m trying to understand your figures, and I got lost some place.

  From the transmitters… I’m max 50w (+47dbm) into the isolator

  -1db from the isolator

  -3db from the combiner

  -30db from the antenna circulator (assuming the antenna is matched)

  -3db from the receive splitter

  -60 to -90db from the receiver cavities

  Total isolation = 97 to 127db (as good or better than most stock duplexer
setups)

  Putting my transmit signals at -50 to -80 dbm

  The receiver has 0.15uV sensitivity, which is -123dbm, which puts the
transmitters well above the receivers “floor”

  However, the receiver specifies 75db spurious/image/intermod rejection which
I take to mean that any off channel signal -48dbm (-123dbm sensitivity + 75db
rejection) or less should be completely ignored by the receiver, as it will be
attenuated below the receiver floor in the IF. Anything stronger than that will
start to cause de-sense, swamping any on-channel signals at the same power or
less.

  That’s what I need confirmed – if the receivers stated sensitivity +
spurious/image/intermod rejection = maximum adjacent channel signal before
de-sense kicks in.

  Is there an RF Engineer in the house ??