Hi Paul,

Might the missing step be the db adjacent channel selectivity spec of
the repeater receiver itself?

Bernie Parker

K5BP

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Plack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can anyone direct me to a good tutorial on how to calculate required
isolation in a duplexer or separate-antenna setup? I can convert
receiver sensitivity in uV and transmitter power in watts to dBm, and
insert things like transmitter sideband noise specs, but I keep coming
up with numbers like 150 dB to avoid desense.

> Since my last UHF repeater worked great with 96 dB isolation thru
the duplexer, I know I'm missing a step somewhere.