On Sat, 24 Nov 2007, TGundo 2003 wrote:
> My only input is that heat rises, and the heat of the PS will rise and
> keep the duplexer warm. I would be concerned that the heating of the
> duplexer (and likely cooling at off-peak times or climate change)
> would cause the metallic parts in the duplexer to expand and contract
> possibly throwing it out of tune. maybe a longshot, but the
> possibility would be enough for me to mount the duplexer farther away,
> or below the heat sources, or make sure you have some sort of cooling
> "buffer" below it.

One thing to keep in mind is that crystal ovens use a simlar technique
to minimize varitations in frequency. The crystal is held at a
temperature far above ambient (about 170 degrees) with a controlled
series of heaters.  Since the temperature doesn't vary much, the crystal
output drifts less as well, compared to a crystal allowed to drift with
room temperature, or mounted in the trunk of a car.

So keeping the duplexers at a higher temperature year round may actually
minimize drift, if you have a means to control it reasonably.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
But remember, with no superpowers comes no responsibility.