I mount heavy stuff at the bottom of the rack, lighter stuff working
upwards. Heat rise is incidental to my overall systems, those components
are designed to take it. Yes, fans move the ambient temperature around.
In the grand scheme of things, it has never been an issue for me. VHF
duplexers and cavities are rarely mounted in the same rack as the
transmitters due to size alone.