At 02:29 PM 12/29/2007, you wrote:

>My 2 friends just linked their 440 machines together using an Alinco
>DR-235T at each end for the link. They did find that there is a delay
>in time in which the decoder takes to decode and release. They are
>going to fix this by using Audio Delay Modules in the controllers at
>each end of the link. Also, using a high PL tone should help the
>decoder decode faster.

<----Nope. A delay board won't do a thing for the decode pickup time
and probably not for the release time either.

And a using a higher tone probably won't help either. You're talking
microseconds in difference between a tone at the low range and one at
the top end.

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"