I use to Buy the Cheap  Nice shiny Connectors  at  Places like Radio
shack and hamfest ,  Then I started putting Repeaters together 220 and
440 ,   And Playing with 900Mhz that's when I found out that Cheap
connectors  are Crap .

So the next time I went to a Hamfest a Guy had some Boxes of Nice Shiny
Gold/Silver looking Connectors Cheap ,  Then I noticed a box of old
Amphenol ,New but Tarnished Silver  Connectors and I ask How much You
want for the Old looking ones , He said Heck if You want  the old ones
You can have the whole Box for $ 10.00 ,  I gave him the $10.00 dollars
and I grabbed the  Box Full  and never looked back  USE Good Connectors
or You will pay for it later.

PS I Also have seen People who would Still stand there knowing they were
getting a Great deal and still try and get the Person to sell cheaper ,
Ha Ha

Don KA9QJG