At 4/22/2008 11:25, you wrote:

>Re: Carrier Control Timer (use the COR-2 circuit)
>
>The 555 timer is a lot like the 723 (voltage reg) chip in regards
>to a very large variety of available circuit options and layouts
>that simply must obey certain rules detailed in the Mfgrs data
>sheets. Onward...
>
>The 555 is one of the most useful electronic circuit chips ever
>made. It has a fairly large number of possible simply configured

Show me a "quad" 555 in one package.  There was one once actually, the
558.  Was sold by Radio Shack.  Can't find them anywhere now, though.

Show me a 555 used as an audio amp.

I can build a complete COR/hangtime/TOT/audio interface using one LM324
(actually, nowdays I prefer the TLV2374 - less crossover distortion &
better rail-to-rail performance).

555s/556s certainly have their place, but for something as simple as the
above I find the rail-to-rail op amp more convenient & straightforward.

Bob NO6B