Must be that because splices were/are very seldom used, the prices are
astronomical.
  I will wait, for now, till I see what the future will bring me.
  By splicing only where the cable can be well supported on both sides of
the splice, I would anticipate no problems using what I have.
  And at least two of the connectors I have will be used with the heliax,
so can't sell em all...

  Wayne WA2YNE

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:17:39 -0500, Nate Duehr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Apr 25, 2008, at 11:35 PM, Wayne wrote:
>
>>  Did some searching, and it looks like splices would run maybe twice
>> or
>> more the cost of one male and one female.
>
> Yup.  This probably falls into the category of "you get what you pay
> for" when compared to regular connectors.
>
>>  As it is, I have 4 male N connectors for the 7/8" and one female.
>
> Sell them, take the proceeds plus $100 and you have enough for the
> splice connector?  :-)
>
> --
> Nate Duehr, WY0X
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]