Hi Guys,

>Woohoo, the Doug Hall "Rosetta Stone"! Thanks, Skip.

We need to go back a little deeper in  history...

I think the format you have is the data going from the controller to  the
RBI-1. Doug H based it on the dominant format at the  time, which was the
format
used by ACC to drive their "frequency  control" shift register boards
(designed for thumbwheel HTs). Doug made his  input format available to
repeater
controller manufacturers in his  "generic" document so we all could make our
controllers RBI-1-compatible. We  added that feature to our 7K in V2.01. It's
not
that big a secret.

The output format of the RBI-1, on the other rhand, is the  format Kenwood
used to control a group of radios in the trunk from a  handset (was it called
the RC-10? RC-20?) in the driver's compartment. His  box was a protocol
converter that took the 48- or 56-bit stream from the  controller and make
Kenwood-speak out of it. Wasn't trivial at the time.

73,
Bob, WA9FBO
S-COM, LLC

favorites at AOL Food.