Pete,

You are experiencing the old 3rd order intermod problem.  squelling often is an
intermod results...often feedback.

2 x 147.285 (Your output) - 146.685 = 147.885 (your input)

The same at the other repeater:

2 x 146.685 -147.285 (Your output) = 146.085 (his input)

The mix can be anywhere, even a rust spot on the tower.

Do you and the other repeater have an isolator.  The mix could be in your
repeater PA and the isolator would keep the other repeater out.  The mix could
also be in your receiver.  Never the less you have this mix problem coming from
some where.  A notch at 146.685 on your repeater MIGHT solve the problem.

I would not rule out the mix not being in the other repeater.  Again it can be
at many places not in either of the repeaters.

73, ron, n9ee/r

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575
MICRO COMPUTER CONCEPTS