You've got some of the Kenwood Dealers in the group
excited... a few probably even slipped off their chairs.

Carrier Squelch operation of a TKR-x50 repeater is pretty darn
good. Since I'm running a number of carrier squelch repeaters
I can happily say the "crash noise" is not objectionable, nor is
it excessive.

Squelch Crash noise can actually be eliminated in carrier squelch
repeater operation when you use an audio delay line... most often
supplied within the repeater controller (as an option).

So you can have both bad and good squelch-noise operation on
multiple brand/type repeaters and they would all sound like a
quiet breath of spring when you use an audio delay line with
your repeater controller.

Otherwise back to square one fundamentals where the stand alone
Kenwood TKR-750 and TKR-850 repeater squelch operation works
very well.

cheers,
skipp