Mark,

   I'll try that. Thanks.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mark Harrison
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2008 8:49 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Wits End -- Desense

For a better pickup loop, solder a 50 ohm surface mount resistor in
series with the loop at the end of the coax, and put a few ferrite RFI
beads or clamps at random distances along the coax.  This reduces pickup
by the coax itself which can otherwise cause misleading measurements.

Since the loop is now terminated you can also drive the loop safely with
a low power signal generator (perhaps even a handheld on low power if
the 50 ohms resistor is a 1 Watt type), and use this to find out where
noise is getting into the receiver.

73,

Mark VK3BYY

  _____