What frequency are you hearing it on?

Fred Townsend wrote:
I have been chasing a similar problem here in California. If we are hearing the same signal it must be from a satellite! I think it is more likely intermod from the local PD data packets. The police cars have full data terminals. I haven't tried a direction finder on it. de AE6QL, Fred Townsend

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: "Richard MI Ranta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Repeater-Builder yahoo" <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] RE: Strange oscillating noise problem.
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 12:02:42 -0400

Good morning on this soggy, Friday Morning.
We’ve been experiencing a recurring problem every once and a while. It’s not our repeater, but its driving me nuts trying to figure it out. It sounds like badly tuned can’s, somehow feeding the output back into the input. Except, it isn’t from our repeater. And it covers a wide area. I’ve heard another repeater being bothered by this and also a local commercial FM broadcaster came through. If I turn our repeater off, it’s still there. ( I said I was trying anything.) Do you guys think trying to use direction finding equipment might produce some results?? Oh, this noise is so strong, even my signal at 25watts at a distance of 4 miles won’t trigger the repeater!
Any ideas??
Suggestions??
Rich K8JX
Visit our club at
http://www.w8usa.org <http://www.w8usa.org/>
Rich and the cat Scooter

www.foreverhomesamoyed.org
www.w8usa.org

"The easiest thing in the world to be is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position."
Leo Buscaglia