  From: James Adkins
  To: repeater-builder
  Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 3:10 PM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Motorola CDM-1250 PL tone control

  We are using a pair of Motorola CDM-1250 UHF mobiles, 403-470 split, for our
UHF repeater along with an Arcom RC-210 controller.

  We want to strip the PL tone when CW and / or Voice ID's are sent.  The arcom
controller has the capability of sending logic out to the radio or an external
tone board to turn the encode on or off.

  Does anyone have any knowledge of how one might be able to inject the CTCSS
logic into the 16-pin accessory port, or otherwise connect to the CDM radio and
control whether the CDM will encode our PL tone or not?

  Another option is the CommSpec SS-64, which I have on hand.  However, we
cannot simply parallel the tone output into the pre-emphasized audio input of
the radio.  I know that the radio could probably be programmed for no
pre-emphasis, but I don't want to bypass limiting.

  Ideas or suggestions?  Maybe someone knows a good location to inject the tone
directly into the radio's modulator?

  Thank you,

  James Adkins, KB0NHX

  James Adkins, KB0NHX

  District 1 Technical Field Engineer
  Troop A--Lee's Summit; Troop H--St. Joseph
  Missouri State Highway Patrol
  504 SE Blue Parkway  Lee's Summit, MO  64063
  816-622-0707 ext. 235
  417-840-5261 (Cell)

  "I'm James Adkins and I approve this message"