  From: Mike Dietrich
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 10:16 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Decibel Products Antenna website

  While on the subject, a DB queston for y'all.
  I've asked a lot of techs this over the years and have gotten as many
different answers.
  On a DB 410/420 uhf 16 loop antenna, some were sold with the top 4 sets of
elements together in a row and the bottom 4 sets were in a row but were 90 deg
to the top 4.
  On some other antennas they were sold where each set was 90 deg from each
other, ie: element sets 1,3,5,&7 were pointed together and 2,4,6,&8 were
pointed together.
  Does anybody know the real resaon?
  Is one way better than the other?
  Do they have different patterns?