Yes, that is something that has been mentioned many times, this could
be a waste of time and money, but so far I have lots of people that
want to help. It could be a fun project, it is old enough to look like
a tube radio, or in this case, a tube radio without tubes!

Speaking of trying to get a radio converted to 6m, a GE guy is having
problems with a GE MVP, has anyone been successful getting a radio to
cover 52.450 and 53.450?  Seems it will not tune to 53.450 Tx.

And yes I do own a Ranger 6m radio, but do not like the audio on FM.

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Milt <men...@pa.net> wrote:
> Actually, one other item to consider; make sure that the radio is in the
> highest bandsplit for a conversion to 6meters. Otherwise it will be a
> painful attempt to convert. It's been too long to remember if there were
> just 3 bandsplits or more.
>
> Milt
> N3LTQ

Ken