The RAD should be in the receiver audio path not the transmitter path

Ken

At 07:16 PM 2/5/2009, ran...@farmtel.net wrote:

I am using a Zetron Model 48B as a repeater controller. Everything is
going fine except my addition of a Arcom RAD audio delay board. The
board is working great except now the CWID and status tones are not
transmitted.

The RAD is tied to the COS coming from the receiver to act as a gate to
eliminate squelch tails...........works great! The RAD is inserted
between the tx audio coming out of the panel and the input to the
transmitter.

My problem is now the CWID and any audible status tones are not
transmitted because they are gated by the RAD since the COS is not active.

I am now trying to determine where inside the 48B I can gate the
transmitted audio ahead of the CWID and status tones generated by the panel.

Anyone here know where to find such a location inside a 48B?

Randy
WB0VHB

President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"