  From: Gran Clark
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 6:55 PM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Need supplier for UHF welded yagi

  Hi All

  We are duplexing using a UHF 11 element yagi (Cruscraft) in a hostile
environment.  Last weekend there were a number of 110 MPH gusts.  The problem
is wind noise.  I have tightened the element hardware with some success.  Spray
it with water and it is quiet while tapping the boom with a small hammer.  The
beam is mounted on a 1 1/2 inch fiberglass pole.

  This is a 195 mile link and using 15 watts out of the duplexer.   This has
worked fairly well for fifteen years but the noise is a recurring problem.

  Some thoughts using conductive epoxy, came to mind but also I was looking for
a supplier of a welded maybe 9 element yagi that might work.

  We need a yagi to give co channel protection to the North (beam headed East).

  Gran K6RIF