I've been switching back and forth between flat audio on the remote
R1225 and decoding the original PL on the link receiver, and the de-
code, re-encode method. I think I like the flat audio on the remote
better, but that makes it CSQ, so I keep the squelch a bit tighter AND
it's not a a colo-site, so the RF noise around it is "residential".

Thanks for sharing your configuration.

On Apr 16, 2009, at 2:08 PM, AJ wrote:

> In it's current configuration our R1225 strips the PL on the
> receiver and re-encodes on the transmitter side with a different
> tone on the link.
>

> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Cort Buffington <c...@lawrence-ks.org
> >wrote:
> Yep -- I also love the CWID interrupt feature so it's never heard over
> the link. Do you decode a PL/DPL on the R1225 and re-encode, or run
> tones through with it set to flat audio?
>
> On Apr 16, 2009, at 1:42 PM, AJ wrote:
>

> > We have an R1225 in this configuration as a remote receiver - set to
> > zero hang time and "Strip PL on CWID" to prevent it from
> > retransmitting across the repeater... Works well.
> >

> > On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Mike Morris WA6ILQ
> > <wa6...@gmail.com>wrote:
> >

> > And once you do get a voter you can leave the unique PLs in
> > place as a diagnostic system. It's mentioned here:
> > <http://www.repeater-builder.com/tech-info/votingcomparators.html>
> >
> > Mike WA6ILQ
> >

> > At 10:50 AM 04/15/09, you wrote:
> >
> > >Many systems will use a different PL for different receive sites to
> > >get around the need for a voter. It requires more education for the
> > >users to know where they are & which receiver they get into better,
> > >but its a simple setup that works.
> > >
> > >Tom
> > >W9SRV

Cort Buffington