Gents

I inserted a small 20 watt PA after the TX port on our Hamtronics
REP-200  UHF machine.

Repeater puts out 7 watts into my Termaline after all the filtering etc.

With the amp, output is 15 watts, 3DB gain, however the signal on the
air seems weaker.

Its not a desense issue - I can still trip it from a fair distance -
just that the transmitted signal is less with the amp - go figure.

The repeater is now at my house temporarily, so conditions are not
ideal for height etc.

Any ideas?

Also, if anyone has a nice 75-100 watt UHF PA around, for a
reasonable price....well you know the rest.

Cheerio

Ian
VA2IR