  From: wd8chl
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 12:53 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Repeater Antenna

  rwjohn49 wrote:
  > Hey Folks,
  >
  > I have two repeaters here on two and 440.... Problem is I have to run
  > one antenna for both...so, dual band antennas work fine...problem is
  > even the heavy duty version (x510) of Diamond and the best Comet have
  > failed... Am running 70 watts on two and 60 watts on 440.... In each
  > case the capacitors fail.....am tired of climbing up the tower....
  > Any ideas on a better dual band that will not fail.. Pulling my hair
  > out.
  >
  > ron

  What's your reason for the one antenna restriction-or better phrased-can
  you run 2 feedlines? If so, you can take, say, an 8-bay UHF and mount a
  4-bay VHF at 90 deg from the UHF elements on the same mast (or a 2-bay
  VHF on a UHF 4-bay). There's a number of ways to do it and still come
  out with a more-or-less omni pattern.

  If you need one feedline, TX/RX and a few others do make commercial
  grade cross band couplers. Put one at the antenna and one at the repeaters.