From: wb8art <wb8...@netzero.net>
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Exec II input problem
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 4:02 PM

           Wonder if anyone has had this problem and know what the problem is.
I am working on a GE Exec II repeater (converted mobile) which has no Comb no.
I any case the issue is that if I move around the cable feeding it with a
generator I was seeing a change in the recieve.

     I went directly to the RCA jack, and then found that just making
connection with the center pin, I have about 10 to 20db stronger recieved
signal than when I push it all the way in making the ground connection.

     This is a mobile and the RF deck is no. is 19D417075G14 rev A covered by
LBI30032E. This shows a option of either non floating ground or floating ground
input.  This one is a non floating ground one.  Might have been changed but I
have know knowledge of its history.

     The RCA jack center pin connects directly with a wire thru a hole to the
first helical and I have looked and can see no connection issues and measures a
short with an ohm meter.  I even reheated the solder joints and no change.
Anythoughts would be appreciated.

Randy