  From: Jim Brown
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 4:46 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] DB-224 patterns on side of tower.

        Back when we had to submit an antenna pattern in order to get a
repeater license for the ham bands, I mounted four elements of a DB-224
directly on one leg of a Rhon 25 tower and mounted the two tower sections on an
antenna test pedestal and ran the pattern.  With the antenna sections directly
in line and pointed away from the tower, we had 9 dB gain in the favored
direction, 6 dB gain at plus and minus 90 deg, and 3 dB gain off the back side
of the tower.

        The plot was perfectly round with the 3 dB offset for the center point
of the plot.

        73 - Jim  W5ZIT