From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jim Brown
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 5:47 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] DB-224 patterns on side of tower.

Back when we had to submit an antenna pattern in order to get a repeater
license for the ham bands, I mounted four elements of a DB-224 directly on
one leg of a Rhon 25 tower and mounted the two tower sections on an antenna
test pedestal and ran the pattern.  With the antenna sections directly in
line and pointed away from the tower, we had 9 dB gain in the favored
direction, 6 dB gain at plus and minus 90 deg, and 3 dB gain off the back
side of the tower.

The plot was perfectly round with the 3 dB offset for the center point of
the plot.

73 - Jim  W5ZIT