also this range on the repeater is with a HT at 5 watts.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Maire-Radios
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, July 04, 2009 6:28 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] GM300 Crossband Ham repeater Bi-Directional

  well I have a Kenwood TKR-751 and amp at 80 watts going into a DB-224 at 180
feet.  no preamp, RC-210 controller and get about 20 miles from the tower.
there is something wrong with the repeater.  It should get more coverage than
you say.  Maybe a preamp on the receive will help.  What is the reflected on
the unit?  What kind of duplixer do you have?

  John