  From: ccour79...@aol.com
  To: maire-rad...@verizon.net
  Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2009 9:49 PM
  Subject: RE: Closed Repeaters

  Hi:

  Wow, your note was familiar.

  Me and another guy have maintained 3 open repeaters in my area, privately
owned by choice to avoid the politics.  Most local users are supportive but
there is one bad apple who constantly complains about them, the clock is off,
the audio is off, it builds up the audio, it has PL, it doesnt have PL, the ID
sounds low, the ID sounds different, it doesnt need the /R in the ID, he cant
hit it in his basement on his handheld 5kc off frequency on low power with a
dead battery and the radio turned off and of course................ it's not as
good as what he had in Jersey!!!

  About the time I throw my hands up, someone comes along and says something
nice and keeps me going for another week.

  73

  Chris
  KC4CMR