John,

Get the preamp out of the circuit and **powered down.**  Preamps will
take any desense probelm and  will make them worse - usually at twice
the value of their gain.

Do a 'binary search' - Start by getting it to work without stuff.
Disconnect the antenna and feedline and put a dummy load on the output
of the duplexer. Inject or leak a weak signal into the system and turn
the TX on and off.  If you don't have a service monitor, a talkie on low
power into a dummy load at some distance will usually work.  If the
noise level changes you still have a problem, so move the termination to
the transmitter output.  If not the problem's in the antenna or feedline
so terminate at the end of the feedline and repeater the test and so
on.  Divide the part that doesn't work in two and figure out what half
is broken.

Oz

--
mailto:o...@ozindfw.net