Jeff,

Thanks for the thought which is something I did not check. (nor do I
know how at the moment, I'll have to find the book)

I did check the obvious solder connections that usually fail and even
re-flowed them.  The POT "seems" ok as when the amp finally does reach
full power, the POT varies the output power just fine.

Again, this amp is extremely clean and quite healthy once it finally
reaches full power.  Back to the bench tonight....Thanks!!

Adam N2ACF