From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of MCH
Sent: Saturday, December 12, 2009 9:02 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] RE: 50 Watt Repeater

You have to keep in mind that they chose 120 degree shift because they
had problems with 180 degree shift breaking reeds. 120 degree shift
stops them at a softer rate and increases longevity.

The other manufacturers didn't care because they weren't around
pre-microprocessor based decoding (they didn't have reed-based
decoders), and probably rather liked the idea of making Motorola look
bad by breaking reeds in Motorola equipment.

Joe M.