I thought I'd better update the list on what was found.  First off, the
entire repeater was taken in to the shop for exhaustive testing. The can's
were taken apart, inspected and cleaned. All that was visibly found was a
little carbon. The two service monitors showed they were working ok. But,
when placed back into service at the site, the transmit side leaked into the
receiver side. It presented a crackling noise, like saran wrap being
crushed. I don't know if the technicians tested the repeater at full power,
( 110 watts) during testing, but I think so.

We did solve part of the problem. A fifth can was put into line, on the
transmit side and by golly, it did the trick.  The repeater is sounding
better than before the strike.

Interesting enough, there are two or three UHF repeaters also in the site,
and none were affected?????

We're now looking for a 6 can set and controller.

I'll share with you when we finally find out where the problem is.

Rich K8JX

www.w8usa.org