I am pretty sure decode speed is related to CTCSS frequency, the higher the tone frequency the faster it decodes because it takes so many cycles to trip the decoder so a 100 hz would trip twice as fast as a 50 hz signal because it would get the required number of cycles in half the time.

tom

Ian Wells wrote:

I am wondering if the tait t2000 or any other radio can decode before the squelch opens .i.e. It decodes seperately to the squelch Thank You ,Ian Wells
Kerinvale Comaudio,
361 Camboon road, Biloela.4715
Ph 0749922449 Mb 0409159932
Hm 0749922574 Fx 0749922767