Re: Low Band Antenna for both 6 & 10 meters.

> Get 2 CB whips, Cut 1 for 1/4 wave at 10M and cut the
> other for 1/4 wave at 6M
> Build a metal spacer bracket. 3 inches long by 5/8" or 3/4" Drill 2
> holes on the end and one in the center for the 3/8-24 hardware. Bolt
> whips to the ends of the spacer, use star style lock washers.
> Use a 3/8-24 x 3/4" long bolt and attach spacer and whip
> assembly to a ball mount.
> Epoxy a 3" plastic spacer bracket 5" down from the top of
> the 6m whip to act as a spacer between it and the 10m whip.

Don't know if the CB Shops still sell them but we/they used
to call them "T-Bars". Very popular with the 2 or 3 is better
than one crowd. Mount them high enough on the vehicle and you can
take-out all the fluorescent lights in your favorite Gas Station
with a simple drive-through.

Just playing devils advocate here... the above setup is kind of
unwieldy for most people and bumper or ball mounts on a newer car
is sometimes problematic.

You don't really need two different antennas, you can "probably"
fairly easily make or find some type of a dual band antenna
with the obvious sacrifice of a bit of band-width.

But I'd like to talk on the Amateur Bands and I sometimes need
to talk in both the 33 MHz and 43 MHz ranges. One reason I have
a few other options in place that clearly trade performance for
acceptable SWR. Once again, "something small is better than
nothing at all"...

cheers,
s.