  From: Chuck Kelsey
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 3:10 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] DB212-3

  The radio I'm using in the mobile is a GE Orion with a noise blanker.
However, a noise blanker is designed to help with impulse-type noise.
Microprocessor hash and similar noise sources are continuous, so I doubt a
blanker is very effective. The problem, in my mind, is the huge increase in
this type of noise compared to 20 or 30 years ago.

  Chuck
  WB2EDV