At 08:05 PM 9/6/2010, you wrote:
>You have it right- the 19D424089G1 PA is rated at 60 watts over the 132-174
>MHz band, with an external relay, and is found in the Mastr Executive II
>radio. LBI-30253 covers it:
><www.repeater-builder.com/ge/lbi-library/lbi-30352c.pdf>
>
>The symptoms you describe may also be caused by a problem in the exciter,
>the relay, or the system control board. Have you already discounted these
>possible culprits?

Nothing eliminated yet.
This radio was doing OK - and developed this problem lately.
We have noticed variable output, "garbling" of the audio, and what
appears to me from a remote mobile location to be momentary carrier drops.

The garbled audio is accompanied by a major drop in output, while the
momentary carrier drops look almost like someone is letting go of the
key were we working simplex. It lasts only a moment before coming back up.

Larry Wagoner - N5WLW
PRCARC Training Officer
PIC - MS SECT ARRL