It's probably best to continue this discussion on the issue
tracker[1][2][3]. I updated the issues and some the information there
already contradicts some of what I wrote below due to new findings.

Best regards,
Wolfgang

[1]  https://redmine.replicant.us/issues/1629

[2]  https://redmine.replicant.us/issues/1635