Em 29/11/2020 21:29, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli escreveu:
> Silence could be a good candidate.
> […]
> The disadvantages is that you can miss the ability to decrypt an SMS
> if it arrives when silence is not the default application. I don't
> know the reason of that though.

I don't know if I have power to vote, neither I'm demanding this. That said,
what I'm going to say is just a suggestion, but I'm also OK if you do decide to
do otherwise.

My suggestion is not to implement Silence, unless all the following is met:

a) call blocker accepts any text as contact to block (so it doesn't give errors
of invalid number);

b) call blocker accepts some kind of regular expression so that one could say
“^+55479?9675.{2}66$” to block all numbers that start with “+55-47”, followed
or not by a nine, by “9675”, then by a random set of two digits, ended by “66”;

Currently, Blacklist Blocker (true name: com.kaliturin.blacklist) does part of
this, but it needs permission to be the default SMS app. Such permission would
of course conflict with Silence's request.

Finally, as an example, the user would either have to opt for using encryption
or not to be annoyed midnight by unsolicited messages/calls from someone that
took per contact information from a random someone else who shared it without
peer's consent, or some random financial institution wanting to call “Fred”
while the phone number carrier officially changed owner to user “George” since
2018, and whose organization is dumb enough so as not the remove that number
from contacts list.

--
* Ativista do software livre
        * https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
        * Membro dos grupos avaliadores de
                * Software (Free Software Directory)
                * Distribuições de sistemas (FreedSoftware)
                * Sites (Free JavaScript Action Team)
        * Não sou advogado e não fomento os não livres
* Sempre veja o spam/lixo eletrônico do teu e-mail
        * Ou coloque todos os recebidos na caixa de entrada
* Sempre assino e-mails com OpenPGP
        * Chave pública: vide endereço anterior
        * Qualquer outro pode ser fraude
        * Se não tens OpenPGP, ignore o anexo "signature.asc"
* Ao enviar anexos
        * Docs., planilhas e apresentações: use OpenDocument
        * Outros tipos: vide endereço anterior
* Use protocolos de comunicação federadas
        * Vide endereço anterior
* Mensagens secretas somente via
        * XMPP com OMEMO
        * E-mail criptografado e assinado com OpenPGP