The second message is an odd bug. Perhaps you are using quotes in the output filename where they are not needed?

The first message usually means a permissions error or that the file does not exists. It's not a problem parsing the file, but getting read access to the named file.

--
Jeremy Wadsack
Seven Simple Machines

EPPack wrote:

Brand new to both Analog 6.0 and ReportMagic, but I somehow succeeded in creating first a "normal" html report, then later, a dat for use by RM. Problem is that RM is not recognizing the dat format, best I can tell. For testing purposes and simplicity I copied the dat directly to the RM folder, modified the rmagic. ini file accordingly to show my dat file name, july2005.dat, with no pathing, but when I try to run a report, I get this message:

C:\PROGRA~1\ReportMagic>rmagic
Report Magic 2.21
Copyright (C) 1999-2003 Wadsack-Allen. All rights reserved.
rmagic: Beginning report creation (Wed Aug 17 12:59:43 2005).
rmagic: --> Settings file: .\rmagic.ini.
rmagic: --> Input data file: july2005.dat.
rmagic: ERROR: -- Can't read from the data file: july2005.dat --

or alternatively, sometimes this one, depending on how I've tweaked it:

C:\PROGRA~1\ReportMagic>rmagic
Report Magic 2.21
Copyright (C) 1999-2003 Wadsack-Allen. All rights reserved.
rmagic: Beginning report creation (Wed Aug 17 12:59:54 2005).
rmagic: --> Settings file: .\rmagic.ini.
rmagic: --> Input data file: july2005.dat.
mkdir "C:\: Invalid argument at rmagic.pl line 720

The statistics portion of the .ini file is this:

[statistics]
File_In = july2005.dat
Frame_File_Out = index.html
Format= XHTML 1.0
No_Robots = 1
Log_File = rmagic.log
Always_Quit = 1
Language = en
Verbose = NWE

The error messages are less than helpful, since there's no indication what the problem actually is. My dat file appears to be similar to the sample.dat file, at least it's certainly not a normal report, but I'm at a loss to figger out what to try next. Can anyone assist?

Thanks!

elaine pack
Charlottesville, VA