Noel J. Bergman wrote:

Given Noel's concern about Top Level Project and projects moving.
I think that leaves us with the java package name.

Why?

So lets go back to the start. What sould the "group" part be. The java pakcage name works for me.

Also to keep the listing smaller can group be something like /apache/commons/beantuils or must it be apache-comons-beanutils.

Do we have conflicts within Apache?

There is jakarta commons and apache commons, not sure if it is a real conflict.

But my question is can the the <group> part have subdirs or must a <group> be a legal file name, Can we use / as a seperator or must we use -.

R,
Nick