Nicola Ken Barozzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 07/11/2003 05:36:40 AM:

> I'm sorry you didn't know about it. Dion is on the list since it started

> IIRC, I thought that he would have told Mavenites about it. Should have
> checked.

I figured if people were interested they were reading the lists I was.

> > I'd be glad to get involved with the effort but
> > this endeavour strictly relates to Maven and projects here which
choose
> > to use Maven. It won't change anything that's going on with
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] and as I have time I will participate in the effort.
>
> Good, as over at [EMAIL PROTECTED] we have been discussing exactly
> along these lines. Furthermore the current Avalon setting is our
> discussion baseline, so it seems that your current work is pushing in
> the same direction even if we didn't know of each other's efforts.
>
> > Right now the emphasis is on Apache projects' artifacts being placed
> > within the Apache infrastructure for use with Maven and not being sent
> > directly to ibiblio.
>
> I understand, and support it.

I'm not sure of why the above is useful, though. For me, as a maven user,
I don't point at ibiblio by default anyway, as it's far slower than my
local mirror. Having Apache host the jars would be less useful to me as a
user, as I believe it's not as bandwidth capable as ibiblio.

Jason, Nicola,
is there a 'why' to this effort?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting