> It's really not that much more than that.
> Sophisticated systems that are reliable are built upon simplicity not
> complexity

I agree. I'd like to think of what we are doing as laying out a simple file
system, and later building services that index/query. Compare this to
/cvsroot, cvs protocol (clients to a remote server), then viewcvs (a
'server' behind HTTP, implemented as a client to CVS). Each built on top of
the other, nice and simple, nice and powerful at each level. Compare this to
a www site w/ search, text indexing, whatever. Each layer is independent,
independently specified, and independently useful.

I feel that if we nailed down the first, we can build the second and third
server side, as and when need arises. Metadata-less at the lowest level,
optionally richer as on moves up. Simplicity is the key at each level, I
completely agree w/ Jason there.

Nick is right ... we need to specify based upon requirements, and code
(whose-ever) can follow.