Stephen McConnell wrote:

Noel:

Thanks for the W3C style reference. One of the subjects it deals with is content negotiation http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI.html#remove - and this got me thinking about how metadata as opposed to a resoruce that metadata is describing can be resolved. I'm going to try to dig up some more on on content negotiation subject as this may be a factor in resolving some of the requirements I have.

The XML-DEV and various RDF related mailing lists hold discussions about this topic regularly.

BTW this raises the question whether a RDF derivative or
a completely self-designed XML vocabulary will be used
for the repository metadata.

J.Pietschmann