Tim Anderson wrote:

OK - so it should be at part of the java artifact specifier proposal [1],
or do you envision another layer?

I don't think this is java specific - its software development process specific. My current thinking is that it is a langauge independent layer is sufficient (mainly because I think I have resolved how to do everything I want relative to java based on these two layers).

The URI Syntax proposal [2] that the above extends is becoming a little
thin.

That's fine. It just means we have a simple and specific specification dealing with a simple and specific abstaction.

Cheers, Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]