Noel J. Bergman wrote:
Mark R. Diggory wrote:
If your using your own workstation to build using Maven, then you can
set your central-repository property to point to
Incubator can gladly be the first to start producing builds here. This
is not mirrored, there is no concern about making changes if you screw
up a deploy here.

I think that last point is important for infrastructure to know.  And please
correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that the clients (maven in
this case) will check that location, but only download if they need
something that hasn't been cached.  Therefore this shouldn't be a big
bandwidth issue.

Not only that, but it is also the case that only Apache developers should really be using this (with some bleed). If you look on, you'll also notice that other nightly/snapshot builds are getting dumped there and are web accessible.

So we want to highly disapprove of external projects using this location at all for getting hold of jars from apache projects. Someday, maybe we'll have smarter repository tools that can make use of http auth mechanisms, then this can really be enforced.

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center