Noel J. Bergman wrote:

1 - people making releases have to log into the release server
2 - there is no notification of files being put there
3 - we are already experiencing issues with where to put jars

What if we make instead a SVN repository for releases?

Isn't that a bit heavyweight when all you appear to want is WebDAV with access control and notification?

Point taken.

I just had an interesting chat with Sander about adding features to our
WebDAV support.  He seems to think that it would be fairly easy to add hook
and authz support, so that authorizing access to a file system area would be
the same as we use for SVN.  Also, we'd have hooks that could perform
actions when changes are made.

This would be zuper.

like for example publish the jars in a parallel
structure that is used for the maven repo.

We've really got to work on eliminating the adjective there, and I applaud Mark's efforts to do so.

I do to.

Sorry, I have not helped much. Where do we stand now? What can I help to do?

            - verba volant, scripta manent -