I just need to clean everything up and then will post the bulk of it
up for anyone to
peruse/use if they want. All the Lily/Pump content type won't be much
use to anyone other than by way of example.

The site has a mix of traversable content - ie full traverse path with
folder like object etc...
and some non traversable content - ie it has no explicit parent but I
have a queryview object which is a bit like a collection in Plone that
does gql queries (persistent query definition) which can be edited as
content,  that finds the non-traversable content and then sticks
them as a child of the query so they appear traversable. (so objects
can appear all over the place - like collections) works quite well as
long you can deal with the limited queries and predefine the indexes.

formish has worked quite well for me too. They guys have who wrote it
have been very responsive.  And formish works quite well using
interfaces and zope.component binding
schemish schemas to interfaces so I only need a single add an edit
view for all the content types.

I have also defined a simple Action content type that is similiar to
Plone Actions but simpler so I can quickly define non content header
tabs and admin menus.

I will let you know as soon as its up somwhere.