Yes, I know I can make it work by returning webob.exc.HTTPException
objects as response. But the point was to decode JSON request at view
initialization phase and raise webob.exc.HTTPBadRequest if needed, so
in subclasses at request processing phase (__call__ method) I always
will have well-formed request objects.

By looking at the Router code it seems that handling
repoze.bfg.exceptions.NotFound/Forbidden is some kind of bonus feature
for views, because it is more intended for serving repoze.bfg.security
and context finding/view lookup mechanisms, isn't it?