Hey

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Tres Seaver <tsea...@palladion.com> wrote:

> Chris McDonough wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 08:30 -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:
> >
> >> To ask for another $AU .25:  can somebody point to the currently-best
> >> docs on doing BFG on GAE?  There are a number of somewhat-contractictory
> >> writeups out in the wild, which leads to some confusion when folks want
> >> to try it out:  I talked to a user at the D.C. ZPUG the other night who
> >> was intereested in evaluating it, but couldn't figure out what was
> >> supposed to work, and how.
> >
> > AFAIK, this is 100% correct:
> >

> http://docs.repoze.org/bfg/1.2/tutorials/gae/index.html#appengine-tutorial
>

> That procedure might work, but it relies on appengine-monkey, which was
> a big fat warning plastered across its homepage[1]:

It may work 100% correct on the first time only though.
While playing with it, I tried to create another "bfg on gae" project and
for my surprise it didn't work because appengine-monkey patched my system's
python distutils putting a hardcoded value for [install] in my distutils.cfg
(which happens to be installed in my $HOME/bin).

With that said, I believe appengine-monkey is not the best way to get BFG on
GAE and it would be better if people that have a sane process of achieving
this tried to document and hopefully advertise that approach.

Cheers,
-Fernando