Thanks for asking this question, by the way, I have added it (and a
variation on my answer) to the "design defense" documentation that is
present in BFG:

http://lists.repoze.org/pipermail/repoze-checkins/2010-July/009583.html

(The rendered version, which doesn't yet include the above addition is
available at http://docs.repoze.org/bfg/1.3/designdefense.html).