Free-Reprint Article Written by: Dan Lok
See Terms of Reprint Below.

*
*
*    ReprintArticles-Paradise@yahoogroups.com
*

This article has been distributed by:
http://Article-Distribution.com

Helpful Link:

Article Title:
==============
The Seven Characteristics of Incredibly Successful Web Sites

Article Description:
====================
If you want to do business online, you need a web site.
Your web site will be your advertisement, your storefront,
your salesperson, and your cash register! That's why it is
so important to pay careful attention to every aspect of
your web site's development.

Additional Article Information:
===============================
Distribution Date and Time: Wed Mar 22 23:06:17 EST 2006

Written By:     Dan Lok
Copyright:      2006

Article URL:
http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/l/characteristics-of-successful-websites.shtml

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Dan_Lok

The Seven Characteristics of Incredibly Successful Web Sites
Copyright © 2006 Dan Lok
Quick Turn Marketing International, Ltd.
http://www.WebsiteConversionExpert.com

If you want to do business online, you need a web site.

Your web site will be your advertisement, your storefront, your
salesperson, and your cash register! That's why it is so
important to pay careful attention to every aspect of your web
site's development.

1. It has its own domain name.

Having your own domain makes your web site easier to find and
more likely to come up in search engines.

It also demonstrates an image of stability and that your business
is a serious one. Make sure the domain name is catchy, easy to
remember, and suitable for your business.

Forget about .net, .org, or .biz! Everyone remembers .com more
than .net. It's that simple. It's positioning!

A good .com domain name is going to pay for itself a thousand
times over…faster than any .net or .org address ever could.

I know that all of the good .com domain names are gone; however,
just get creative with your .com name. Register your domain name
now. You should not pay more than $10 for a domain name. Shop
around. I use godaddy.com.

2. It has fast loading web pages.

If your web site loads slowly, your prospective clients may not
be willing to wait and may never come back to your site. Web
surfers are extremely impatient.

Remember that not everyone is using cable or DSL.

There are still a lot of people out there using 28.8K, 33.6K, or
56.6K modems. Just look at how many people are using AOL's dial-
up service - 35 million members!

Unless you don't want to do business with those 35 million
people, don't overload your web site with fancy graphics that are
slow to load. Get out a timer and stare at your screen for 10
seconds.

It seems like forever, doesn't it?

How long does it take for your home page to load? What can you do
to make it load faster? Bottom line: You cannot have a home page
that loads too fast.

3. It includes an opt-in email list.

Do this as quickly as possible.

>From your home page, give your visitors a good reason to give you
their email addresses. Offer them a free report, a free sample, a
free newsletter, or free information updates.

Get their email addresses and their permission to contact them.
What do you do after you capture their email addresses?

Regularly send them valuable information, offers, sales, ads, and
more! If subscribers don't buy from you now, they might do so
eventually. It's common to hear from new customers: "I've been
getting your newsletter for years and figured it was time to
buy."

A good email list collected by your web site is priceless. I know
a consultant who generates six figures in sales every year with
her home-grown email list.

She simply attracts people who are interested in getting the
information, puts them on her list, and sends them good
information on a regular basis.

Your email list becomes a continuous source of sales for you. Do
you want to know how successful online businesses stay profitable
year after year?

They have a good list.

Do you want to know why so many online businesses fold within
months of starting?

They don't have a list. It's often as simple as that.

4. It targets a specific niche.

Don't try to be a jack-of-all-trades, or else you will end up
being a master of none.

The most ineffective sites try to put together a hodgepodge of
information on many different subjects and topics.

The key to success online is to focus.

You need to make sure that your whole web site only focuses on
one niche market.

Don't sell computer software and Dragon Ball trading cards on the
same site! Don't try to mix up 20 different affiliate programs on
your site.

It simply won't work.

Don't confuse your visitors. The confused mind always says NO.

Sell one lead-generating product and get them into your marketing
funnel so that you can offer them additional products afterwards.

Don't buy into Internet offers. Just because someone else made
$100,000 last month with a specific product doesn't mean YOU
should be selling it.

You can make money with anything online if you position it
correctly.

You just have to find a product that is fun for you and whose
market you know how to target.

The most successful people are almost always the ones who have
chosen the product they LOVE selling.

5. The pages are easy to navigate.

Your web site should be easy to navigate.

Don't make your visitors jump through hoops before you give them
the information they need.

Make it easy for your visitors to move through your site. They'll
stick around longer and will be more likely to visit your site
again.

Provide text links or icons on each page so that people can
easily click back and forth through your site without having to
use the "back" and "forward" buttons on their browsers. Include
well-labeled navigation buttons along the top, bottom, or side of
each page to allow visitors to easily return to your home page.

The same goes for making it easy for them to find your order
forms or other product information. That's because some visitors
may arrive at your web site at a page other than your home page.

Are you making it easy for them to find their way around the rest
of your web site?

Check out Seth Godin's book The Big Red Fez. It is a great book
on how to make any web site better and an excellent place for
anyone to start.

6. It lets visitors know who the business owner is.

Include your name, company information, email address, complete
address (not P.O. box), phone, and fax numbers.

Remember, people tend to be skeptical on the Internet. You can
boost your credibility instantly by letting people know exactly
who you are and how they can contact you. Real phone numbers,
real names, and real addresses make a HUGE difference!

7. It offers a simple way to make a purchase.

Do you have a merchant account?

Do you accept all major credit cards online?

Do you have a secure ordering method?

By accepting credit cards online, you can dramatically increase
the number of orders you receive.

I am amazed at how many web sites make it tough to order from
them.

You have to sign up first before you can order.

They don't accept all major credit cards. You have to go through
10 steps to place your order. And this is at the point when you
are trying to give them money!

You should be ready to take money from your customers in any form
whether it is by phone, fax, online, or money orders or checks in
the mail.

Why say no to a sale? Make it easy and fast for your customers to
order from you. You may have heard that it's tough to get a
merchant account. Forget about getting a merchant account from
your local bank. They don't understand e-commerce.

If you want to know which one I use or recommend, send me an
email. I can point you to one of the nation's largest issuers of
merchant accounts.

Their approval rate is 99 percent. Their accounts are very easy
to set up and very inexpensive, usually less than $100.

Spend some time and do some planning. Make sure your web site
will deliver results!

Don't overlook these simple habits. Don't lose sight of why you
developed your site in the first place.

Every aspect of your site should somehow contribute to your
goal—be it to sell, inform, or simply entertain.

Dan Lok is widely known as "The World's #1 Website Conversion
Expert!" But what do you care? Well, if you rush over to his
site... I think you'll come to your own conclusion that he's the
real deal when you see how much FREE (yet extremely valuable!)
profit-producing info he's giving away. Check it out now at:
http://www.WebsiteConversionExpert.com

--- END ARTICLE ---

TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
(Last Updated:  April 7, 2005)